Back 2 School Blast
August 12 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Back 2 School Blast is a back to school event for low-income families with children attending grades K-12. Families must pre-register for Back 2 School Blast on Wednesday, August 2 (for more information about pre-registration, click here). Here’s what you need to know before you arrive at Back 2 School Blast:
• Tickets will be marked with your registered time (10am, 11am, or 12pm).
• You may arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to the time on your ticket.
• You MUST bring your ticket to enter.
• NO ADMITTANCE allowed prior to 10am, or your ticket time.
• You must park in the areas designated to you by Parking Attendants.
BOOK BAGS AND SCHOOL SUPPLIES:
• Book bags and school supplies will be handed out as supplies last.
• There will be 2 categories: Grades K-5 and Grades 6-12.
SCHOOL & SPORTS PHYSICALS & IMMUNIZATIONS:
• Please bring your shot record for immunizations.
• 500 tickets with a shoe picture will be divided between all three time slots.
• Only those with a ticket with shoes may get in the shoe station line (attendants will be available to direct you).
• Child MUST be present in order to receive shoes, if your child is not present you will NOT receive shoes. (even if you have a ticket)
• Shoe sizes are limited and will be handed out as supplies last.
• There will be many organizations at tables with information and free give-away items at the event. Be sure to visit these organizations during the event.
Back 2 School Blast Organizing Sponsors: Carilion Children’s, Coca-Cola, INTotal Health, K92, The Salvation Army, St Mark’s United Methodist Church, Rescue Mission of Roanoke, Parkway Church on the Mountain, VA Premier