Roanoke Valley Gives Da(ily)
The 2nd annual Roanoke Valley Gives Day is in the books! Thank you to Foundation for Roanoke Valley for hosting this exciting 24-hours of online giving, and thank you to all who helped the Rescue Mission raise nearly $46,000!
If you ever had any doubt that the Roanoke Valley gives, you will find all the proof you need at the Rescue Mission. As an organization that neither seeks nor accepts any government funding, the generosity of the community is clearly evidenced here. The people of the Roanoke Valley have supported the Rescue Mission financially and through volunteering from the time of its humble beginnings in 1948 to now.
Here’s what that support means today:
- Emergency shelter for homeless men, women, and children
- Three hot, nutritious meals a day
- Recovery from drug and alcohol addiction
- Learning Center services including tutoring, computer skills, GED prep, and more
- Free Clinic services including Medical, Mental Health, Vision, and Dental Care
- Free Legal clinics
- Vouchers for clothing, shoes, and even furniture for shelter guests moving into homes
- Monthly grocery boxes to hungry families in the community
- Summer day camp for children in Family Shelter
- Case Management services
- Nightly chapel and spiritual direction
- So Much More…
At the Rescue Mission, we know that every day is Roanoke Valley Gives Day because this generous community proves it every day. It’s how we have operated for 68 years, and how we will continue to operate. If you haven’t seen it for yourself, come on by. Take a tour any Monday at noon and stay for lunch while you’re at it. If you ever had any doubt that the Roanoke Valley gives, or that your gifts make a difference, you will find all the proof you need.