Clothing vouchers are offered to shelter guests and individuals/families in the community that are in need.
If you or someone you know qualifies for social services and help is needed with clothing, please visit the Rescue Mission of Roanoke (in Reception) to sign up.
Applications for clothing vouchers are accepted:
- Monday – Friday from 9:00-11:30am and 1:30-4:00pm
- Saturday from 12:00-4:00pm.
To apply for a clothing voucher, you will need to bring:
- Current Photo ID
- Social Security Card for all applying (even children)
- Verification that you are receiving either SSI/SSD, Food Stamps,
- Medicaid (not Medicare), WIC or TANF
If you are employed, please bring a pay stub or recent bank statement to verify income and benefits.
Everyone will be issued their own card, so everyone applying for a Clothes Voucher must be present for a photo to be taken (this includes children).
▶ Clothing Voucher Guidelines
Once issued, Voucher Cards can be redeemed at THRIFT located at 3425 Orange Ave. (in the shopping center near Planet Fitness & Denny’s) Monday through Saturday – 9:00am to 6:00pm.
Voucher Cards for each family member may be used to shop for clothing for the family member the card was issued to (unless a parent wishes to use their card to purchase for their child).
Eligible items include:
- Clothing of all types – shirts, pants, dresses, skirts, jackets, coats, swimsuits
- Accessories – ties, scarves, gloves, belts, hats, cosmetic bag, handbag or wallet
- Shoes (2 pairs per card, per visit)
- Undergarments – underwear, bras, slips, socks
- Adult diapers
- FREE Bag (1 per year) – tote, backpack or luggage
- FREE Coat (1 per year)
Ineligible items include:
- Orvis items
- Items tagged with white tags
Adults must be present for their voucher to be used. Only parents or legal guardians may purchase children’s clothing with children’s vouchers.